Saturday, September 29, 2012

Test Drive Aston Martin DB9


I am a huge fan of the BBC's Top Gear, a program strictly about cars.  Through the many seasons of the show, one car in particular has stood out and become my dream car: the Aston Martin DB9.

The DB9 is exceptionally made, handles well on roads, looks spectacular, and is simply amazing.  Of course, I only know this from watching TV.  However, things are about to change.  I emailed Aston Martin to request a test drive of the DB9.  Unfortunately, the nearest dealership (in Bellevue, WA - almost 3 hours away from me) didn't have any DB9's in stock for a test drive.  Working with the sales department, I have arranged to test drive the Vantage Roadster.


While not exactly the DB9 and often referred to as a baby Aston, the Vantage still looks exceptional.  We'll see if I like it as much as I hope I do.  Updates to come after next week's test drive.  Yes, they agreed to it!

1 comment:

  1. You'll learn a lot of things with television shows like Top Gear, especially when you love cars. And I love the humor they have on the show! Well, have you tried driving the Vantage? I bet it handles well. All Aston Martins are notoriously known for having exceptional looks, but more than that, they are also known for being able to balance power and handling. However, with a 420 hp engine growling under the hood, you have to wonder what they did to allow the car to cope with the power.

    [Erwin Calverley]

    ReplyDelete